$1000 Grand Prize!
Hawken Energy is proud to sponsor our second video contest. Now is your chance to tell us how your Hawken Energy 1100 or 2100 outdoor wood furnace works for you. With $2,000+ in prizes available, this is a great chance to make some extra cash.
Videos can be sent to Hawken Energy via email, YouTube link, or DVD. Be creative, clever, fun, happy, silly, whatever; just make it presentable. Keep the length of your videos under three (3) minutes. All videos will be posted to our YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/HawkenEnergy. However you submit your video, be sure to include your name, phone number, email address and address with your submission.
Our grand prize is $1,000, second place will receive $500 and third prize will receive $300. Five runners up will receive $20 and all winners will receive official Hawken logo apparel.
Any questions and entries should be directed to Don@HawkenEnergy.com with the subject “Hawken Energy Video Contest”.
We’ve selected three themes for the video contest. Include one or all of these themes in the video and show us how they apply.
1. “Hawken heat is hard to beat!”
2. “Why I chose Hawken Energy.”
3. “I save money with Hawken Energy.”
The first five (5) quality entries will receive $75.
Check out the last contest winner on our homepage.
HAWKEN ENERGY VIDEO CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Contest Period: The Hawken Energy Video Contest (the "Contest") begins 8:00am Eastern Time ("ET") on November 18, 2009 and ends 11:59pm ET on February 12, 2010 ("Contest Period").
Contest Phases & Dates:
Video Submission Period: November 18, 2009 – January 29, 2010
Administrator's Selection Period: January 30, 2010 – February 12, 2010
How To Enter The Contest:
o Enter: During the Video Submission Period, you may enter by sending a video directly to Hawken Energy via email to Don@HawkenEnergy.com with “Hawken Energy Video Contest” in the subject line. Links to YouTube videos may also be sent in the same manner.
o First five (5): The first five quality videos received for this contest will be awarded the sum of $75 payable by check. “Quality” of videos to be determined by the Contest Administrator (“Administrator”) who has sole discretion. Videos submitted for “first five” are subject to all terms and conditions of contest and will be entered into the general submissions pool.
o Themes and Content: The themes are as follows: “Hawken heat is hard to beat!”, “Why I chose Hawken Energy.”, “I save money with Hawken Energy.” Each video may include one or more of the mentioned themes. Video subjects are not limited to these themes but should feature Hawken Energy furnaces in a positive manner. Be sure to feature either an HE-1100 furnace or an HE-2100 in the video. Other furnaces by Hawken Energy or other manufacturers will be considered ineligible.
o Submit your Video(s): Use an existing YouTube account and upload an original video(s) (maximum of 3 minutes) that shows you depicting Hawken Energy furnaces as related to one or all of the selected themes. You may submit as many Entries as you wish, as long as each Entry is unique. All Entries must be submitted during the Video Submission Period. Submitted videos will be posted to the Hawken YouTube page and HawkeEnergy.com after they have been screened by the Contest Administrator ("Administrator"). If your video(s) is not posted within 4-8 days from when your submission is received, you have not complied with the Official Rules. All eligible Entries (as determined by Administrator) will be posted on the Contest Homepage through the conclusion of the submission period. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants' online service will apply and are the sole responsibility of the entrant. Include your name, phone number, email address (if applicable), and address with your submission.
o Submissions by mail: Send DVD submissions of your original Entry(s) (maximum of 3 minutes) to: Hawken Energy, Video Contest Submission, PO Box 351, Shelby, MI 49455. Include your name, phone number, email address (if applicable), and address with your submission.
o Post Your Video(s): By entering, you understand your video(s) may be posted online. Posting will not be immediate; there may be a short period of time between video submission and posting. Any video(s) deemed inappropriate or unsuitable for posting, in Administrator's sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not appear on the Contest Homepage. Entry material may be disqualified if the material or portion thereof, in the Administrator's sole discretion, contains one or more of the following:
§ obscenity, profanity, or content that is deemed lewd, offensive, explicit, vulgar, crude, or defamatory;
§ any content unsuitable for broadcast;
§ materials that are violent or display illegal drug or alcohol use;
§ any content that depicts unapproved uses of product;
§ any use of commercial products or services other than Hawken Energy, including any use of trademarks, brands or logos of commercial products and services, such as the marks or logo of companies other than that of the Sponsor;
§ information that can be used to personally identify an individual, such as an address, phone number or email address;
§ any other person or likeness of another person, living or deceased;
§ material that is derogatory or threatening to any person or group of people;
§ any third party materials (including but not limited to music), that otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity;
§ materials or content that have been submitted for another Contest or published or disseminated in any other way by the participant or anyone else; or
§ video that is not of satisfactory quality (i.e. brightness, focus, volume) to be streamed online.
o Administrator has the sole discretion to determine whether a video qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and that does not meet the Contest Homepage requirements will be disqualified. In such an event, the video will not be posted online and will be disqualified from the Contest. At any time during the Contest, if the Administrator determines that a participant's video is not in compliance with the above, the participant will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win a prize, even if the video has been posted. If a video is posted and then removed, the Administrator will notify the entrant that their video has been removed via e-mail. At any time during the Contest, if a participant is disqualified for any reason, the participant's video will not be posted, or will be removed, from the Contest Website. No information regarding Entries or judging, other than as otherwise set forth in the Official Rules, will be disclosed.
2. Judging: Decisions of judges are final with respect to all matters relating to this Contest and all interpretations of these Official Rules by Administrator is final. By participating, entrants agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges.
o Selection of Grand Prize Winner: A 2-week Voting Period will be used to determine the Grand Prize winner. Voting will be based on originality, creativity, quality and any other determining factor seen fit by Administrator.
3. Prizes And Estimated Retail Values ("ARV"): Contest Grand Prize (1): $1,000, awarded in the form of a check (ARV: $1,000). Contest Second Prize (2): $500, awarded in the form of a check (ARV: $500). Contest Third Prize (3): $300, awarded in the form of a check (ARV: $300). Contest Runner-Up(s) (4-8): $20, awarded in the form of a check (ARV: $20). All Winners Grand – Fifth runner up (1-8): awarded Hawken logo apparel as determined by Hawken Energy (ARV $TBD). First five (5) prize: $75, awarded in the form of a check (ARV: $75). Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prizes will be awarded (provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received) and winners notified by e-mail or phone. Prizes are subject to availability and are not transferable. No substitutions or cash equivalents are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Taxes related to the prize are the responsibility of the individual winners, if applicable, and prize winner will be required to provide his/her social security number for tax purposes. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above are each winner's sole responsibility.
4. Contest Eligibility: Open only to legal U.S. residents including Puerto Rico), 18 years of age or older as of date of Entry. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, YouTube, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each, are eligible, yes ARE eligible. Previous winners are also eligible. This offer is void wherever prohibited and subject to all federal, state, local, and provincial and municipal laws.
5. General Rules: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, submission of Entries constitutes permission to use the Entrant's name, Entry submission, likeness and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above are each winner's sole responsibility. By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest, Contest Homepage or Contest Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, for any reason, the Contest or the online voting portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest or the online voting, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the winners from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, the Finalists will be determined by Sponsor's designated judges, based on the same criteria listed above.
6. Release: By entering the Contest, you hereby grant the Sponsor, Administrator, their affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, and exclusive worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, broadcast, store, distribute, have distributed, reproduce, re-arrange, change, add to or delete from, translate, adapt or otherwise revise and/or alter the video(s) or blur or distort any person, place or item depicted in the video(s), or any display thereof, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the video(s) (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes. In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all royalty-free, non-exclusive rights, titles, and interests, including but not limited to exclusive copyright ownership of each entry, that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the video(s). In submitting an Entry into this Contest, each Entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsor that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Contest that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living things or any property; (ii) may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person, living things or any property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortuous conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules. Each Entrant also agrees and understands that no future videos can be produced with any derogatory or slanderous material against Hawken Energy Inc. or Sponsor products. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use participants' names, biographical information, pictures/portraits, likenesses and/or voices and video, for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE WINNERS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, THEIR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
7. Winners List: To see a list of winning videos after Feb 15, 2010 for prizes valued over $100, visit www.youtube.com/HawkenEnergy.
8. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Hawken Energy, Inc., 1064 Industrial Park Dr., PO Box 351, Shelby, MI 49455.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
$1000 Grand Prize - Hawken Energy Outdoor Wood Furnace Video Contest
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment